- Defensive Handgun 1
March 23, 2018
10:00 am - 1:30 pm
Defensive Handgun 1 will lay the foundation for all of our defensive shooting training courses. Not only do we start with the basic fundamentals of defensive pistol shooting, we also give you an introduction to the defensive mindset. This philosophy is at the core of everything we do and train about.
The speed of the class will depend on the experience level of the participants. As with all hands-on courses, there won’t be a lot of standing around. Our goal is for you to walk away knowing the essential fundamentals of shooting your handgun and to teach you skill-building drills that will make it all second nature.
- 21 years of age with valid DL/ID or a License To Carry Handgun (LTC).
- Introduction to Handgun Course is mandatory for anyone with no or little pistol experience.
- Handgun Safety and Handling
- Safe Loading and Unloading
- Fundamentals of Shooting
- Skill building manipulation drills
- Introduction to the 4 Step Draw
- Drawing to Low Ready
- Magazine Reloads
- Malfunctions Drills
- Live fire single round on single/multiple targets
- Live fire multiple rounds on single/multiple targets
- Use of verbal commands and movement
- Desire to learn
- Modern functional reliable handgun 9mm or higher with leather or kydex outside the belt holster
- 250 rounds of factory ammunition, (no reloads)
- Minimum of 2 magazines, (more makes for an easier training day)
- Single or double magazine pouch
- Magazine loader (optional)
- Ear and eye protection
- Hat to deflect brass
- Comfortable clothing that will protect from hot brass burning skin
- No footwear with exposed skin
- Snacks and water